Cosmetic dentistry procedures to improve your smile!
Cosmetic dentistry procedures and how they can help you achieve your best smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry at Honeysuckle Dental
Everyone would love to have that perfect smile but not everyone is born with a perfect set of teeth. In fact, the majority of the population experience dental problems at least once in their lives.
These dental problems (no matter how small they are) can negatively affect your smile.
By correcting your dental and oral problems (through proper and reputable dental treatments), you can enjoy a brighter and happier smile.
At Honeysuckle Dental in Newcastle, we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options to help correct any dental problems and alter your smile for the better!
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving a patient’s smile by altering the appearance of their mouth, teeth and gums. This is accomplished through a variety of treatments which not only improve the aesthetics of the teeth, but which also restores their function, improving overall oral health.
With all the technological advancements made in the dental profession over the last few decades, cosmetic dentistry procedures have become much more innovative and efficient.
You can opt for a single cosmetic dentistry procedure or an entire smile makeover at Honeysuckle Dental, depending on the severity of your dental and oral problems.
The Different Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are many different types of cosmetic dentistry procedures available to help improve your smile. You can speak to a Honeysuckle Dental professional about opting for one or more of these to help better your smile:
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry options available. Veneers are covers which are bonded to your teeth to cover up imperfections and give you a brighter smile. Porcelain veneers are used to cover up any bumps, staining, small gaps, cracks, and chips and can contain any damage preventing it from spreading further. Veneers can improve both your teeth’s appearance and help protect it from future damage.
- Crowns: If you have a tooth which is damaged or discoloured then a crown will go a long way in helping. Crowns are caps which are placed over damaged teeth to help enhance its appearance and prevent bacteria from entering the damaged tooth and causing more harm by protecting the tooth from infection.
- Teeth Whitening: This is a simple and quick procedure which can leave your smile looking polished. Whilst you can opt for over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments and pastes, getting a whitening treatment done by a professional will be more effective and efficient. Your dentist will apply a safe amount of whitening solution to bleach the teeth and remove staining and discolouration which will leave you with a whiter and brighter smile.
- Enamel Shaping: Some people are unhappy with the size and shape of their teeth. A dentist can file and shape the teeth to alter the size, shape, correct minor chips and cracks, and slightly reposition them for an improved smile.
- Implants: These are used to replace a missing tooth (or teeth) which will help prevent the surrounding teeth from moving, improve function of the mouth, and give you a fuller smile.
- Composite Fillings: Tooth decay can cause cavities or holes. To prevent further damage and pain, the tooth is usually cleaned out and filled. Most people think that fillings can only be made of metals, however, there are composite resin fillings available today. These fillings are tooth coloured, so they look more natural and are adhesively bonded to the walls of your teeth meaning that your dentist removes less natural tooth structure than with metal fillings.
- Gum work: Some people have gums which are either too large (enlargement) or too small (undergrowth) which can make a smile look unappealing. Dentists can use lasers and minor surgical procedures to sculpt and recontour the gums to vastly improve your smile.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry improves the appearance of your smile with its many benefits. With cosmetic dentistry procedures, you can get:
- A whiter smile
- Improved biting and chewing
- A straighter smile
- A stronger smile
- Healthier teeth and gums
- Protection from further damage
Cosmetic Dentistry in Newcastle
Honeysuckle Dental in Newcastle has a wide range of cosmetic dentistry procedures to help improve your smile. You can either opt for one treatment or a whole range of treatments (known as a smile makeover) to enhance your smile and dental and oral health.
Honeysuckle Dental Newcastle
Want to know more about how cosmetic dentistry at Honeysuckle Dental can improve your smile? Book an appointment today by calling us on (02) 4915 9230 or completing the query form on our Contact Us page.