The benefits of fast-braces
Teeth Straightening in Newcastle
Having straight teeth does not only make your smile more physically appealing, it also prevents or resolves a variety of dental issues. Plaque and tartar can easily accumulate in the spaces of crooked or crowded teeth in which your toothbrush can’t easily reach. This can lead to cavities, tooth decay, and even gum disease.
In some cases, misaligned teeth can also cause difficulty with biting, chewing, and even speaking. Additionally, if the misalignment is severe enough, you may experience pain and discomfort which will worsen over time.
It is therefore highly important to straighten teeth and to begin treatment as soon as possible. There are a variety of teeth straightening options available, including the advanced Fastbraces.
What are Fastbraces?
Fastbraces are an innovative way to straighten your teeth in a quick and effective manner. It makes use of triangular brackets with built-in arms on each tooth to help adjust the root of crooked teeth, helping them grow in a straight and correct position.
The built-in arms on the brackets constantly exert pressure to readjust the teeth into their correct positions. Fastbraces use less (if any at all) rubber bands and metal wires making them more comfortable than traditional braces and helping speed up the treatment time. Since the brackets are designed to readjust the teeth, you will also need fewer dental visits for readjustments.
Fastbraces are an effective and efficient way to straighten teeth because they work to move both the crown (the visible part of the tooth) and the roots of the teeth simultaneously, providing a more effective treatment for you. Traditional braces work by initially moving the crown of the tooth before moving the root section whilst Fastbraces move both at the same time, drastically cutting down on treatment time.
Fastbraces can be used to treat crooked and crowded teeth, gaps between the teeth, and a bad bite (overbites, underbites, etc.).
The Benefits of Fastbraces
- Inconspicuous – Fastbraces are made from ceramic or clear brackets, making them barely visible on your teeth. It also makes use of one thin wire, so there is less metal in your mouth making the braces even less visible. Its inconspicuous nature makes Fastbraces one of the more popular orthodontic options.
- Faster treatment time – Traditional braces straighten teeth by first straightening the crown of the tooth and then moving the roots. With Fastbraces, both the crown and root are moved at the same time, helping to considerably cut down on treatment time. Depending on the severity of your dental problem, you can begin seeing results in as quick as 3 months, but generally treatment time averages on 10-12 months as opposed to the 2-3 years required for traditional braces.
- Easier cleaning – Unlike traditional braces, Fastbraces use smaller triangular brackets and smaller and fewer parts (there is a less chance that you will need to use dental bands) which makes cleaning teeth much easier. The smaller parts of the braces make it easier to manoeuvre your toothbrush and floss around and between teeth to help clean out plaque, dirt, and debris more effectively.
- Healthier teeth – Because cleaning is so much easier, there is less chance for tooth decay and gum disease to develop which decreases your chances for decalcification. Decalcification is caused by an accumulation of plaque and can result in cavities, tooth decay, and staining.
- Less (or no) stains – Due to its smaller brackets, removing food and dirt is much simpler than with traditional braces. Stuck food particles (especially dark coloured foods) can end up staining your teeth if not removed in time. Additionally, with a decreased chance of decalcification, there won’t be any coloured spots on the teeth (caused by an accumulation of plaque) when the braces are removed.
- Comfort – Thanks to the smaller brackets, a more flexible wire, and no need for orthodontic bands, the Fastbraces are much smoother and more comfortable to use than traditional braces.
- Fewer dental visits: Because treatment time is so quick, you will spend less time at the dentist or orthodontist which is great news for patients who suffer from dental anxiety and dislike being in the dentist’s chair.
- Can be more cost-effective: Traditional braces usually take 2-3 years to complete treatment, which means more orthodontic visits in that space of time. However, since the Fastbraces treatment can be completed in as quickly as 12 months, you will need fewer costly dental appointments, which will save you more money in the long run. Additionally, in some cases, Fastbraces can also be cheaper to get than traditional braces.
Fastbraces are an effective and efficient way to straighten your teeth. They work well to correct crooked teeth and an uneven bite in a quicker time than traditional braces.
Fastbraces are not only fast and effective, but they were also developed with your budget in mind and in many cases will work out cheaper than getting traditional braces. This means that whatever your problem and budget is, you can get that straighter smile in no time.
Honeysuckle Dental | Newcastle
Need an effective and inconspicuous way to straighten your teeth? Speak to one of the trained professionals at Honeysuckle Dental in Newcastle to learn more about Fastbraces and why it could be the best option for you. Book an appointment with us by calling (02) 4915 9230 or send us a message via our Contact Us page.